THIS LIST IS EFFECTIVE FOR 2014-15
RE: OFFICIAL BALL PROGRAM - MANDATORY USE IN PLAYOFFS
Official Ball per sport:
• Baseball: Rawlings CIF-SS Must be CIFSS stamped ball; not an alternative Rawlings ball
Rawlings RCIF-SS New option introduced for 2015 baseball season
• Boys Basketball: Spalding TF1000 NFHS Classic NFHS
Spalding TF1000 Legacy NFHS
• Girls Basketball: Spalding TF1000 NFHS Classic 28.5 NFHS
Spalding TF1000 Legacy 28.5 NFHS
• Football: Spalding ball with NFHS ; any Spalding model with NFHS stamp
• Soccer: Spalding TF-SC5 NFHS for both boys and girls use. (New model # as of 2013-14)
Spalding TF-SC3 NFHS for both boys and girls use. (New model # as of 2013-14)
Spalding TF5000 NFHS for both boys and girls use. (New model # as of 2013-14)
• Softball: Dudley CFP12Y NFHS
• Tennis: Wilson Tennis Ball; NFHS stamp not required
• Volleyball: Spalding with NFHS stamp: TF-VB5, TF-VB3 (New for 2013-14)
Spalding with NFHS stamp: TF5000, TF3000, TF1500
• Boys Water Polo: KAP7 model 105 with NFHS stamp
• Girls Water Polo: KAP7 model 104 with NFHS stamp
All playoff ball adoptions agreements with the CIF Southern Section run through June 30, 2016 except for tennis.
Mandatory Playoff Use Requirement:
The mandatory "official" ball rule for all playoff rounds, excluding golf. The rule applies throughout the conduct of all CIF-SS playoff contests.
Playoff Ball Use Rule Enforcement:
Should a school fail to provide the correct game ball, the game will always be played. Teams/schools failing to utilize the correct official ball in CIF-SS playoffs will be reported by officials to CIF-SS and will not be allowed to host their next available home playoff game. Penalty does carry over to the next season if not enforceable this season due to elimination.
Note: NFHS stamp is required in all sports except in golf and tennis.